Saturday, June 25, 2011

Old Cupboards, New Treasures

Basically, I had an idea.

Hopefully a good one, I decided to take an old cupboard in my Primary 5/6 classroom and transform it into a video 'reflection booth.

More and more I can see the ease, relevance and sense of using video in the classroom. It's so straightforward now to shoot, edit and share video that I'm going to make an effort to use it more regularly next session.

I'm not really talking just about special 'video projects' but more as a way of recording the everyday working of school life for the individual children in the class. Assessments in maths, language and traditional subjects as well as Challenge Based Learning projects and interdisciplinary work.

So, with the help of one of my daughters and some old movie posters from a local IMAX cinema, we set to work.


Perhaps we'll glean some new 'treasures' out of that old cupboard!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andrew,
    Well done! it looks very nice! Hopefully everyone can enjoy

    regards Mats

    ReplyDelete